A stay-at-home-dad offers thoughts on the joys and sorrows, and everything in between, of fatherhood.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mercilessly and Often

Daddies learn. Having worn out our first inflatable pool in a few short weeks, Annalee and I returned to the local sports warehouse and purchased our second. I was actually trying to drive through the sports store parking lot on my way to the pet supply store, when Annalee, recognizing the name of the store (Academy) and the shape of the facade (it was a different one than where we did our shopping a few weeks back), cried out, "Pool!" There had been, admittedly, some talk about purchasing a new pool around the house of late. And it would have been unlike me not to reward genius when I saw it. I was wise enough to buy a slightly larger, slightly sturdier pool, and an electric pump to inflate it. The family took a little dip (literally) about a half hour after sundown, with Annalee (as hose master) dousing yours truly pretty much mercilessly (and gleefully) and often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home