A stay-at-home-dad offers thoughts on the joys and sorrows, and everything in between, of fatherhood.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Softly Now

I went out to listen to a friend of mine play music tonight. He was, as always, witty and musically subtle, and he was joined by a musical partner and good friend of his. With the two of them playing, the show got even better. Still, there was some darkness in some of the lyrics and the crowd at the venue that left me a little rattled. I stopped at the supermarket on the way home to stock up on groceries, and when I made it home I walked toward the front door and heard “Da-Da! Da-Da!” come through the entry-way glass. Baby, stamping her feet and wearing only a diaper, was all but levitating as I opened the door. She began her chant once more: “Da-Da! Da-Da!” After I picked her up and hugged her to my shoulder, the same song came to me, much more softly now. “Dah-Dah. Dah-Dah.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home