A stay-at-home-dad offers thoughts on the joys and sorrows, and everything in between, of fatherhood.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Brakes Are Out

I can’t speak for anyone else, but this limitless love thing toward one’s children is a wee bit terrifying. Watching my attachment to Her Special Cuteness grow on a daily basis is fun, replenishing, shocking. And way, way, way scary. I didn’t know how much I wanted not to feel this attached to anyone, until I couldn’t stop it from happening. Nor did I know I had healed enough not to be able to stop it from happening. Luckily, my wife is no less helpless with regard to her overwhelming feelings of love; if she weren’t by my side suffering from the same symptoms I’d be even more frightened than I am.

I thank God for all of it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home